at least give it a listen, damn you all. think of it as culture.
click the link. download the playlist. it features the following jrock joy.
Srai's Genki Jrock Mix:
1. Shonen Knife - Riding On The Rocket. slap happy power pop in attempted english.
2. Miyavi - Are You Ready To Rock? delightfully retarded and catchy. youll find yourself rooting for meev as he attempts to pronounce the word "rock."
3. The Brilliant Green - The Lucky Star. the brilliant green are widely worshipped as a universal musical messiah.
4. Aya - Rabbi Doll. when grunge died, its refugees became ayas helper monkeys. krist novoselic and kim thayil are now on aya's payroll. see, people? its like your music. except in japanese.
5. Buck-Tick - Sid Vicious On The Beach. weirdness. your heart will soar as atsushi sakurai attempts to say "just a fuckin class hero on the beach." i love buck-tick.
6. Plastic Tree - May Day. enjoyable, if ryutarous singing voice doesnt put you to sleep.
7. SADS - Tokyo. this is kiyoharus band. kiyoharu is a skinny mass of tattoos who has a spiff singing voice.
8. Shiina Ringo - Byoushou Public. old school ringo doing weird things with her voice.
9. Cowpers - Bone Machine (Pixies cover). "youre the bone machine" in japanese is "anata wa bone machine desu." these guys dont seem to be saying that. they, um, seem to have made up their own words.
10. L'arc-En-Ciel - hyde and friends make sad noises for almost five minutes.
11. BBQ Chickens - Joousamamonogatari. this, my friends, is a special surprise bonus track.
|comments: 2 comments or Leave a comment|